Registry Building & City Hall 1964 vs 2018
At the turn of the 20th Century the area where Nathan Phillips Square stands was occupied by deteriorating houses. A plan for redevelopment gave way to a design proposing the creation of a grand avenue. Union Station would be the southern point leading north to Osgoode Hall. A civic square including garden and civic buildings would complete the design.
The first building to be built was the Registry Office, designed by Charles S Cobb. Construction began in 1914, completed in 1917. Upon completion funds for other buildings ran dry and development ceased.
In 1946 the city saw prosperity and plans of the civic square were revisited. The first structure would be a new City Hall. Unfortunately no requirements were set to include the Registry Office in the new design. By 1964 the days had come to an end and the Registry Office was demolished.
Umbrella Edition - Signed and numbered series of 25.
Customization available. Please inquire via email.